Call for papers 9th Child in the City World Conference, Vienna Austria
On 24-26 September 2018, the 9th Child in the City World Conference will take place in Vienna, Austria. This edition promises to be bigger than ever before. The mission of the conference is to strengthen the position of children in cities, promote and protect their rights and give them space and opportunities to play and enjoy their own social and cultural lives, by providing knowledge and expertise.
Would you like to present your expertise, project or research at the conference? You can submit your abstract by filling in the call for papers. The call for papers is open now.
- Children’s rights in urban development and regeneration
- Children and young people and media
- Equality and diversity in the child friendly city
- Mobility and access to the child friendly city
- A maximum of 300 words
- relevance to children’s rights and the principles of a child-friendly city, namely:
- promoting equality of opportunity: including all groups of children (e.g. disabled, migrant, economically disadvantaged, ethnic minority)
- integral: considering the needs of the whole child
- participatory: supporting the voice of the child
- applicability to local policy and practice
- consideration of one of the conference’s main themes (1- 4 above)
- independence of commercial interests
- interest to other cities and nationalities
- as a speaker you have to attend for the conference
Location and date
The 9th world conference takes place on 24-26 September 2018 at the City Hall of Vienna, Austria.
If you are interested to share your knowledge and expertise, please submit your paper no later than the 6st of January 2018 via the application form. The conference board will invite the most advanced contributions to speak at the conference.
For more information on the 9th Child in the City World Conference in Vienna, Austria, please visit the conference website.