The call for papers for Child in the City world conference in Vienna has been opened now. The deadline for submitting the paper is 31 January 2018. Feedback will be given at 16 February 2018 the latest.
- Children’s rights in urban development and regeneration
- Children and young people and media
- Equality and diversity in the child friendly city
- Mobility and access to the child friendly city
Detailed information about the themes can be found here.
Papers should contain:
- A maximum of 300 words
- relevance to children’s rights and the principles of a child-friendly city, namely:
- promoting equality of opportunity: including all groups of children (e.g. disabled, migrant, economically disadvantaged, ethnic minority)
- integral: considering the needs of the whole child
- participatory: supporting the voice of the child
- applicability to local policy and practice
- consideration of one of the conference’s main themes (1- 4 above)
- independence of commercial interests
- interest to other cities and nationalities
Abstracts are invited for either poster or slide presentations. By submitting an abstract, the author agrees that, if accepted, the paper will be presented as scheduled. The abstract must be clearly written in English and should not exceed 300 words.
If your abstract has been accepted and your presentation is included in the conference programme, you will be required to attend the conference. As a speaker we provide a special fee:
Conference fee presenter (2,5 days)
€ 490 (excl. VAT)
Abstracts and presentations
For purposes of review and programming, abstracts are divided into themes as outlined above. Selection of the most appropriate category is important as it will determine who reviews your abstract. (note: if appropriate, the programme committee may reassign your abstract to a different category).
The length of the presentations at the conference will be strictly 20 minutes, including time for questions. The conference language is English. Presenters will be informed if their proposals have been accepted on once a decision has been reached and publication guidelines will be provided.