Does your city want to share and brand its child friendly initiatives, policies and projects with professionals from all over the world? Does your city want to become a learning organisation on how to develop knowledge and measures that support children?
Apply for Host City and welcome 300+ delegates (conference) and 120+ delegates (seminar) from all over the world in your city.
Who attends Child in the City
‘Child in the City’ provides high quality platforms for those working to develop good practice in the creation of genuinely child-friendly cities. With these platforms, we bring scientists, practitioners, (local) authorities, urban planners, designers and campaigners for children’s rights together to share ideas, experiences and (scientific) evidence regarding child-friendly themes in urban areas and cities. Building child-friendly cities is an essential part of the implementation of the UN Convention on the Right of the Child in a local governance setting. ‘Child in the City’ creates interdisciplinary bridges between different networks and working fields.
Why become a Host City?
- Opportunity to become a learning organisation on how to develop knowledge and measures that support children.
- Opportunity to create an enthusiastic ambiance within your city on how to implement child-friendly measures.
- Welcome 300+ delegates (conference) and 120+ delegates (seminar) from all over the world in your city.
Opportunity to brand your city and to share your cities’ child friendly initiatives, policies and projects.
- Opportunity for your city to maintain and attract new partners locally and internationally.
Increase in spending by delegates within the local economy through hotel rooms, meals and tourist activities.
- Be part of a wide media campaign to promote the event in your city via the website, newsletters, mailings and social media.
How to apply
You can contact us to receive a brochure and discuss the possibility of being a host city.