Registration is now open for Cascais
Are children and young people being heard when it comes to developing national and local policies? What measures can and should be taken to protect their rights and participation in a post-pandemic time? These are just two of the key questions we hope you can help us answer at the upcoming Child in the City International Seminar.
The city of Cascais, Portugal, will host this important event from 19-20 May, where we will present the latest knowledge and insights on the rights of children.
How can we ask children and how can they be heard to make their rights part of the mainstream when it comes to local policy planning? We hope that you can join us for some insightful debates and to share ideas and examples of good practice.
Registration is now open and you can click here to visit the registration page.
Experts in their fields will present recent projects, research and local case stories focusing on five specific areas:
• Children’s rights in the fields of education and child care in times of corona
• Children’s and young people’s participation as a tool to establish children’s rights
• Corona and the neglect of children’s rights particularly in underprivileged areas
• The implementation of children’s rights in urban planning, development and design
• Critical reflections on the framework of UN Convention of the Rights of the Child
You can view details of the full programme here.
Share and connect
So, would you like to join the Child in the City International Seminar for learning and exchange, best practices and research findings? Secure your place by registering now and take the advantage of the early bird price until 25 March.
The seminar is organised by the Child in the City International Foundation and the City of Cascais. We continue to closely follow the developments regarding COVID and will follow the guidelines set by the experts.
We look forward to seeing you in Cascais.
For more information please email Katja Zotova, Event Manager, at katja.zotova@childinthecity.