CitC Seminar call for papers – extended deadline
The submission deadline for Call for papers for the Child in the City International Seminar on Children in the sustainable city has been extended. The new deadline is the 18th of February 2019.
The seminar takes place 20-21 May 2019 in Antwerp, Belgium. The aim of this seminar is to bring together expertise from both the disciplines of sustainability and urban childhood. How can we connect those fields in a way that both strengthens sustainable cities and children’s position in cities?
Within the overall theme of the seminar we want to address the following six subthemes:
- Resilient public space: water and green
- Urban planning: renewal and densification
- Sustainable mobility
- Placemaking and co-creation
- Healthy public space
- Inclusion and participation of children and youth
Are you interested in presenting or organising a roundtable discussion on one or more of the mentioned topics? Then please submit an abstract containing:
- A maximum of 300 words
- The abstract must be clearly written in English
- Relate to one or more of the seminar’s six sub-themes
- A clear link to child-friendliness and/or sustainability.
Please submit your deadline before the 18 February 2019.
The Scientific Committee will access all submissions and provide feedback on submissions on or before March 4, 2019.