Child in the City Cascais Seminar
How to make children’s rights mainstream in local policy planning?
The Child in the City Foundation and the City of Cascais are looking forward to welcoming you to the international seminar on 19 & 20 May 2022. Field experts will share their experiences on different aspects of highlighting children’s rights: what challenges and problems they face, how to engage young people in the process and how to keep focusing on child-friendly policy in hard times of lockdown and isolation.
After the necessary break due to the COVID-19 measures the platform will again bring professionals together to exchange on the topic how to mainstream children’s rights in local policy planning.
During two days of intensive sessions, talks and interactive workshops participants will be given an opportunity to learn and to share on both theoretically reflection on children’s rights and practical implementation of the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child in specific policy contexts.
The broad seminar programme includes all-around themes to discuss, field trips throughout the beautiful City of Cascais and networking possibilities during the cocktail reception and the dinner.
To offer a comprehensive overview of the key topic professionals will focus on five specific domains:
- Critical reflections on the framework of United Nations Convention of the Rights of the Childish
- Children’s rights in the field of education and child care (in the time of corona)
- Implementation of children’s rights in urban planning, development and design
- Children’s and young people’s participation as a tool to establish children’s rights
- Corona and the neglect of children’s rights particularly in the unprivileged areas
You can find here more information about the themes and programme of the seminar.
We are keeping an eye on the current situation with COVID-19 and we hope to see you in Cascais in May 2022!