The Child in the City International Seminar: Children in the sustainable city took place at Den Bell, Francis Wellesplein 1 in Antwerpen, Belgium on 20-21 May 2019.
Our preferred hotel was B&B Hotel Antwerpen Zuid.
Alternatively, you can use a handy tool provided by the Antwerp Convention Bureau to view their hotel partners and their prices. Click here to access it.
How to get to the venue:
- Bicycle parking facilities are located on the left and right next to the main entrance at the Francis Wellesplein (in the Boudewijnsstraat and in the Sint-Laureisstraat).
- You can park your Velo bike at Velostation (085 – Den Bell) in the Boudewijnsstraat.
- From train stations Antwerp Central and Antwerp Berchem you can use the ‘ Blue Bikes ‘ rental bikes
With public transport
Use the De Lijn route planner. These trams stop in the Den Bell area:
- Tram 4 Hoboken – Groenplaats-Silsburg
- Tram 8 Antwerp South – P + R Wommelgem
- Tram 10 P + R Schoonselhof – Wijnegem
These buses stop in the Den Bell area:
- Bus 1 Hemiksem – Hoboken – Rijnkaai
- Bus 13 Hoboken Polderstad – Rijnkaai
- Bus 22 UZA – Wilrijk Bloemenveld – Wilrijk Valaar – Groenplaats
- Bus 30 Zuid – Borgerhout – Berchem – South
- Bus 34 South – Berchem – Borgerhout – South
- Bus 290 Boom – Niel – Hemiksem – Antwerp South
- Bus 295 Boom – Niel – Antwerp South
- Bus 500 Antwerp South – Boom – Rumst – Mechelen
You can take the train from a number of cities to Antwerp Central or Antwerp Berchem. Check with your national rail website or SNCB International.
The building is accessible via the ring exit Zuid (Hoboken – Centrum)
- From the Netherlands you follow direction Schelde. Turn right at the Leien.
- From Ghent you follow Center (under new court of justice) to the Leien.
Follow the Leien direction noord. Turn right at Bresstraat. You will see the building right in front of you.On the right side of the tower you enter the Sint-Laureisstraat, where you will find the entrance to the parking garage after 70 meters on your left. After leaving the parking, turn left into Sint-Laureisstraat, then left into Diercxsensstraat, then left into Boudewijnsstraat. At the lights, cross over and follow the Bresstraat as far as the Leien. The building is located in a residential parking zone. Parking nearby:
- Parking Desguinlei (free parking)
- Parking Justice (Vlaamsekaai 95, pay parking)
- Parking National Bank (Frankrijklei 166, pay parking)